How to Install
- Open chrome://extensions. Enable developer mode (top right of screen) and refresh.
- Drag-and-drop the CRX from a file browser into the page of the extensions tab.
- This is a quick and easy solution to downloading extensions for Chromium-based browsers, HOWEVER:
For a more intuitive solution with built-in semi-auto-updating, see github.com/NeverDecaf/chromium-web-store.
- Instructions for downloading extensions manually can be found here.
- Find your version here: chrome://settings/help
- Copy + paste the above chrome links in a new tab if your Chromium install doesn't allow opening links to local resources.
- Take back the web from soulless megacorporations with other privacy-respecting web browsers, such as Pale Moon.
- While you're at it, go fully off the grid with Beaker or Tor.
- This project is OPEN SOURCE!
The Pathetic YouTube Adblock War
- Instead of improving their site by bringing back the non-invasive and infrequent advertising of yesteryear, Google has decided to wage war on its users.
- This has resulted in embarassing (and unethical) attempts to "get around" free adblock extensions that make the internet more usable.
- Click here to copy what is currently a list of uBlock Origin filters which seem to work consistently to get around these adblock-blocking measures.